As a fellow user of AiDreams, I get the impression that its decline has little
to do with generative AI. A number of the regulars aged out of the hobby or
simply quit the forum for personal reasons. Others were banned. And I think we
aren't getting new people because forums just aren't "the place to be" on the
internet anymore. I'm connected with several AI enthusiasts via Twitter and
Mastodon who are either doing their own projects incorporating ChatGPT etc., or
pursuing alternate projects despite the existence of ChatGPT, but they aren't
forum members.