Not only can I not rule that out, but in retrospect it is quite plausible.
Although I was careful to use Fable 5 initially, I wasn't paying close
attention to which model I was interacting with after that. Therefore, the
downgrade may have happened sometime between starting the session and later
on restarting it which is when I noticed the downgrade.

On Sun, Jun 14, 2026 at 4:22 PM Matt Mahoney <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Were you using Fable 5 as Anthropic was forced to shut it down because the
> US government issued export controls on it as payback for refusing to let
> the military use it for weapons and surveillance?
>
>
> https://www.tomshardware.com/tech-industry/artificial-intelligence/us-export-control-order-forces-anthropic-to-disable-claude-fable-5-and-mythos-5-worldwide
>
> -- Matt Mahoney, [email protected]
>
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2026, 9:49 AM James Bowery <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> ALERT:  I started this conversation with Fable.  Anthropic downgraded me
>> during it which may explain the moronic response that elided the critical
>> distinction between model generation and model selection.  Such downgrades
>> are Anthropic POLICY when the topic is frontier AI research.
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 11, 2026 at 7:37 PM James Bowery <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> ...See where this conversation with Anthropic ended up:
>>>
>>> https://claude.ai/share/8ad79e30-9cc6-4d0a-9082-bf800bb2045e
>>>
>>> *Artificial General Intelligence List <https://agi.topicbox.com/latest>*
> / AGI / see discussions <https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi> +
> participants <https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/members> +
> delivery options <https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/subscription>
> Permalink
> <https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/T5b182c3fd14f61e9-Mb1297f677fb97e17e95e7b28>
>

------------------------------------------
Artificial General Intelligence List: AGI
Permalink: 
https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/T5b182c3fd14f61e9-M626a15f0d4128db53bd87d37
Delivery options: https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/subscription

Reply via email to