@ Logan

Your point on diversity is well taken.

We are debating using words, so semantics should be incorporated accordingly. I
think any debate about intelligence, on an AGI forum, is quite relevant.
However, your post seemingly raised the question whether mutation should be
regarded the same as replication. I think they are vastly different in
complexity, perhaps even in as far as replication (in the sense of procedural
copying)  being on a complexity scale of 1 vs mutation being a 10.

Perhaps, a lizard's tail assuming its previous form would be considered
replication, would you not say so? In other words, does a lizard, some variants
of which can reflexively drop tails, think about regrowing the tail, or is
there a chemical it is quite unaware of, which autonomously triggers regrowth?
Is an instinctive (designed) process a consequence, and/or evidence of local
thought, or something else, and how is that different from behaviour, which
would seemingly always require some form of contextual awareness?

What is this chip you mentioned? What does it do and how would it be useful for
AGI? Can it be printed by a 3D printer?

 Rob