Steve

You addressed your opinion to Ben and Tim, but you indirectly addressed around
3 billion persons in the world in a public manner as well. I, for one, would
like to respond to your words and sentiment, if I may?

You seemingly equate the limited opinion of man with the possible reality of a
Creator of the universe (as we do not yet know it) without limits. Further, you
seemingly judge the possible existence of a Creator of the Universe (as we do
not yet know it) without limits on the hand of the limited faith and
understanding of such persons. In addition, you argue that; because you can
overcome the intellectual constraints of the limited faithful (in the sense of
believing creation), therefore you may also limit the possibility of the
existence of a Creator of the Universe (as we do not yet know it) without
limits to the extent of denying the possibility in totality. That is not very
scientific, to say the least.

To be clear, by "without limits", all, nothing, and everything possible in
between is included. Thus, a singular Creator of universal finity and infinity.
It is considered theoretically true from the Christian perspective: Jesus told
the disciples that they would not be able to imagine such a possibility, and it
seems apparent they could indeed not understand what that meant either, and
still don't.

First, it is not believed that the creation creates the Creator. You have a
basic error in your assumed existential order of somone else's faith. The
faithful do not create the Creator of the universe without limits. I'd suggest
you turned the cat around first, contemplate the possibility of it all, then
argue again.

Further, your argument does not allow for the existence of a superposition,
where faithful could be both dead and alive, and everything in between. Yet,
the theory in the book we learn from (in the sense as the believed possible
source of the written Word of God), supports that. Perhaps you are criticizing
a source without having read it and/or understood it yourself?

I'll take your challenge upon me. Come ask me as a Christian, as a believer in
a Creator of the universe without limits, your vexing questions and we would
both become further enlightened.

But if you do not do so, then please refrain from publicly speaking so
disrespectfully about such an Entity and the billions who believe, especially
as it seems apparent that you have no agnostic reality of it - for your sake -
for you may actually be severely limited in your opinion and faith about the
same, as fellow creation, as entangled cosmic dust.

"Seeing light is a metaphor for seeing the invisible in the visible, for
detecting the fragile garment that holds our planet and all existence
together. Once we have learned to see light, surely everything else will
 follow."
http://articles.latimes.com/1993-07-25/magazine/tm-16606_1_brilliant-light/5

Robert Benjamin