Title: Message

Mapping NL into logical format is very hard; the hard part is not choosing the textual representation of the logic, the hard part is have the computer program understand the natural language in the first place!!!

Yeah, I do have some ideas on how this could be accomplished, but they involve building a whole AGI and then teaching it language ;-)

In fact, I plan to use a variant of KNOW to help teach Novamente English... by saying the same things to it in KNOW and English in parallel, one can help it learn the semantic mappings of simple English sentences.

ben

The KNOW document Ben posted a link too says:

"Syntax to semantics mapping in the natural language module, in which the final result should be represented in this language;"

This kind of capabilities would certainly be a huge advance over something like ARFF.  If anyone works with ARFF, could he or she comment on the possibilities of such translation with the ARFF grammar?  Does anyone who's familiar with the technical workings of knowledge representation language have any idea on how this kind of mapping could be accomplished?

-Daniel

 Daniel Colonnese
 Computer Science Dept. NCSU
 2718 Clark Street