From: "Ben Goertzel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Well, this appears to be the order we're going to do for the Novamente
>project -- in spite of my feeling that this isn't ideal -- simply due to the
>way the project is developing via commercial applications of the
>half-completed system.  And, it seems likely that the initial partially
>grounded experience will largely be in the domain of molecular biology... at
>least, that's a lot of what our Novamente code is "thinking" about these
>days...

Hi Ben

I'm very interested in applying automation to experimental molecular
biology, especially neurobiology. I think it will help neuroscience
a lot if complex experiments can be done automatically by AIs, but
I'm not sure about letting an AGI reason about molecular biology in
an abstract way. Which are you planning on? I'm also curious why you
picked this area.

YKY