For comparison, here are some versions of

"I saw the man with the telescope"

in Lojban++ ...

[ http://www.goertzel.org/papers/lojbanplusplus.pdf ]

1)
mi pu see le man sepi'o le telescope
"I saw the man, using the telescope as a tool"

2)
mi pu see le man pe le telescope
"I saw the man who was with the telescope, and not some other man"

3)
mi pu see le man ne le telescope
"I saw the man, and he happened to be with the telescope"

4)
mi pu saw le man sepi'o le telescope
"I carried out a sawing action on the man, using the telescope as a tool"

Each of these can be very simply and unambiguously translated into
predicate logic, using the Lojban++ cmavo ("function words") as
semantic primitives.

Some notes on Lojban++ as used in these very simple examples:

-- "pu" is an article indicating past tense.
-- "mi" means me/I
-- sepi'o means basically "the following item is used as a tool in the
predicate under discussion"
-- "le" is sort of like "the"
-- "pe" is association
-- "ne" is incidental association
-- in example 4, the parser must figure out that the action rather
than object meaning of "saw" is intended because two arguments are
provided (mi, and "le man")

Anyway, I consider the creation of a language that is suitable for
human-computer communication about everyday or scientific phenomena,
and that is minimally ambiguous syntactically and semantically, to be
a solved problem.  It was already basically solved by Lojban, but
Lojban suffers from a shortage-of-vocabulary issue which Lojban++
remedies.

There is a need for someone to write a Lojban++ parser and semantic
mapper, but this is a straightforward though definitely not trivial
task.

As discussed before, I feel the use of Lojban++ may be valuable in
order to help with the early stages of teaching an AGI.  I disagree
that "if an AGI system is smart, it can just learn English."  Human
babies take a long time to learn English or other natural languages,
and they have the benefit of some as yet unknown amount of inbuilt
wiring ("inductive bias") to help them.  There is nothing wrong with
taking explicit steps to make it easier to transform a powerful
learning system into an intelligent, communicative mind...

-- Ben G