> As has been pointed out in this thread (I believe by Goertzel and Hall)
> Minsky's approach in Society of Mind et seq of adding large numbers
> of systems then begs the question: how will these things ever work
> together, and why should the system generalize?

How does adding auditory modules to our brain generalize anything? How
does addinga new inference algorithm generalize anything? Because
you have extra ways to process information, you can extract new
information and build new modules around it.

I don't see how adding information and code can be a bad thing (if you have
enough cpu power), it will just make it more likely for the right subset
to be part of your system

I criticized it
> from this point of view in What is Thought? One way to try to handle
> the organization then is an economic framework.

I thought the obvious equivalent of {economy and money} is  information
spreading. If you are a big player, a lot of other modules will
take your outputs (information) and process it, giving you more influence
overall. Useless information won't be further processed and will be
a dead end in the system