On 4/18/07, James Ratcliff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mark,
  This is the closest Ive seen so far to my work and what I believe in,
Have you got some more specific information / code / algorithm / papers on
gathering and processing world information and discovery of?
  I have been working with text processing and getting a bot to "read" and
process books/ newspapers as a main method of learning.

Hi James, Mark,

I'd be very interested in collaborating on this kind of project (knowledge
harvesting).  My thinking is that it is best done via collecting simple
facts / rules from humans (using natural language eg Basic English), rather
than from books or the web.

Much of commonsense knowledge is not explicitly stated in books or other
reading materials for adults.  Also, many logical rules would have to be
inductively learned while the machine is doing the reading.  It seems much
easier to simply ask humans to encode the facts / rules.

What are your thoughts about this?

YKY