Benjamin Goertzel wrote:
I don't disagree with "awesome compression abilities" as a test for
"advanced AGI"

However, I think that trying to achieve awesome compression by
incrementally improving current compressors, is sorta like trying to
reach the moon by incrementally improving current pogo sticks ;-)

A different sort of architecture is needed to achieve awesome levels
of compression, than to incrementally improve on the current levels...

Ben G

I have to say that I completely agree with this.

Myself, I have zero interest in the pogo-stick-augmentation approach to AGI, and have to confess to being a little mystified as to why anyone else would have non-zero interest in it.

Richard Loosemore.