On 5/7/07, James Ratcliff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
One goal or project I was considering (for profit) is a research tool,
basically a KB that scans in teh newspapers and articles and extracts
pertinent information for others to query against and use.
  This would help build up a large world knowledge base, and would also be
salable to research companies and such.
  One example of that is the tragedy shooting at VT this past month, I ran
some scritps against the news article and came up with a lot of hidden
information in there about the Chu guys family and some other conenctions
that I wasnt seeing in many of the news articles, that let me go down some
other paths to find info.

Another goal or application was a 3D avatar bot like Novamente is now
pursuing.  This could be used most easily to simulate an autonomous AGI
agent that could act in a 3d rich world.

I think web page classification is a good first goal for AGI.  Though there
may be competition from other newer search engines such as PowerSet.

For the 3D avatar, it seems very difficult to commercialize (but I may be
ignorant of areas like gaming or Second Life).

YKY