David Clark writes:
> I can predict with high accuracy what I will think on almost any topic.>
> People that can't, either don't know much about the principles they use to>
> think or aren't very rational. I don't use emotion or the current room>
> temperature to make decisions. (No implication that you might ;)> > Our
> brains on the microscopic scale might be lossy or non-deterministic but>
> thinking people fix this at the macroscopic level by removing these design>
> defects as quickly as possible from their higher level thinking.
Despite rereading this thread I'm not certain what it is even about -- perhaps
it is about the difference between a theoretical capability (usually the case
when the phrase "Turing Machine" pops up) and a practical application.

However, I don't know if I am the only one, but I do not know with high
accuracy what I will think on almost any topic.  Just trying to understand what
that sentence even means makes my head hurt.  I can't predict what I will want
for lunch, much less which of the current crop of presidential candidates I
prefer (something I have not thought about) or any other nontrivial thing.

That may imply that I am irrational; I'd accept that.  It feels like squeezing
out logical rational inferences is usually difficult and is rarely the way I go
about my daily existence.  I bother posting this only so you know that not
every GI thinks the way you apparently do.