>> Well, since we are using C++, most of our code has to do with neither
>> Mathematics nor Computer Science but just C++ language muckery !!!!

Consider me to be tweaking you again for this . . . .     :-)

Have you considered a real development language and platform?  (No need to
reply . . . . I'm just abusing you . . . . :-)

>> In terms of Novamente, it doesn't really make sense to prioritize
>> mathematics versus computer science.  We'd have no Novamente without
>> probability theory, but we'd also have no Novamente without basic
>> "algorithms & data structures" stuff.  Both are absolutely necessary given
>> the type of approach that we're taking.

You mean that probability theory is math instead of computer science?    :-)

Seriously though, I'd have a really hard time drawing a Venn diagram for
mathematics and computer science (and I'm sure that anything that I did do
would be up for *serious* debate (like making operating system holy wars a
minor skirmish in comparison :-)

    You might be correct for your project but I doubt that the Math contained
in your project is more than a small fraction of the code.  All algorithms
aren't Math and most code has to do with Computer Science techniques not Math.

  Well, since we are using C++, most of our code has to do with neither
Mathematics nor Computer Science but just C++ language muckery !!!!

    I didn't say Math was useless for AGI, just not a relevant as other
Computer Science techniques.

  Well, it seems to me that for AGI using methods other than human brain
emulation, math is pretty important.

  In terms of Novamente, it doesn't really make sense to prioritize mathematics
versus computer science.  We'd have no Novamente without probability theory,
but we'd also have no Novamente without basic "algorithms & data structures"
stuff.  Both are absolutely necessary given the type of approach that we're
taking.

  -- Ben