According to my view,

-- raw intelligence would be measured in bits

-- efficient intelligence would ultimately be measured in terms such as
bits/ (4D volume of a region of spacetime)

As noted the Bekenstein bound thus places an upper limit on efficient
intelligence
according to current physics.  This upper limit rules out wildly inefficient
AI
approaches such as AIXI.

-- Ben G