Richard,

It seems that the major difference between you and me is not on the
definition of "intelligence", but on the definition of "definition".
:)

Pei

On 5/21/07, Richard Loosemore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Pei Wang wrote:
> Richard,
>
> I agree with you that "intelligence" currently has no
> classical/objective/true/formal definition.
>
> However, I hope your opinion (given the title of the post) won't be
> understood as "you can take intelligence to mean whatever you want,
> and since the term has no definition, all attempts toward AI/AGI are
> equally possible" --- this is what many people believe, which I
> consider as equally bad as the belief you criticized.
>
> Pei

Pei,

Oh certainly, I am in complete agreement with you on that.

My mistake for the ambiguity of the title of the post:  that title
should not be interpreted by anyone to mean that anything whatsoever
could be an intelligence.  Far from it.

Richard Loosemore.

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;