On Jun 1, 2007, at 2:33 PM, YKY (Yan King Yin) wrote:

How about some brainstorming...?

My proposal is this:

1. People post their ideas onto a wiki and discuss them, while carefully keeping a record of who has said what. Also, each person suggests an amount of how much the contribution is worth. If the amount is outrageous people can make complaints about it.

2. Suppose the group end up with some useful ideas / algorithms. Each result will be collectively owned by that result's contributors.

Lots of luck keeping that straight.

3. Suppose someone (a developer) wants to take a result and implement it? The developer will have to pay a license fee to the contributors, the fee being proportional to the total estimated worth of its "constituents".

A result? A group of ideas and theory is not a result in my mind until it is successfully implemented. As the developer would be more or less working for free or for far less than her normal rate I think it is ludicrous that she also be expected to pay for ideas to develop.

4. Also, everyone who participates, must sign a non-disclosure and non-competitive agreement (NDA & NCA). There should also be some way to verify the person's identity.

Non-disclosure is one thing. But I will not promise to never branch out on my own using in part things I have learned. I will not shackle my mind like that and certainly not without compensation.

5. I think this scheme can work for existing AGI projects like Novamente. It will not compromise the control over their ideas / intellectual property because of the NDA & NCA.

6. If something is deemed patent-worthy, the patent will be collectively owned as in (2). The licensing price will be set analogous to (2), so it won't be outrageous.

It looks like the brainstormers and idea people get some ownership but implementors get less than zilch as they have to pay to participate. Was that on purpose?

How's that?

It sucks.

- samantha