http://lists.extropy.org/pipermail/extropy-chat/2006-May/026943.html
http://www.sl4.org/archive/0608/15606.html
http://lists.extropy.org/pipermail/extropy-chat/2007-June/036406.html
http://karolisr.canonizer.com/topic.asp?topic_num=16&statement_num=4

> I haven't brought up the topics here, myself, but I feel the need to
> note that there has been talk about massive advertisements campaigns
> for developing AGI

I've no problem with those being ruled off-topic too.

> (As a sidenote - if you really are convinced that any talk about
> Singularity is religious nonsense, I don't know if I'd consider it a
> courtesy for you not to bring up your views. I'd feel that it would be
> more appropriate to debate the matter out

Oh, I have done so - see above links - _in appropriate fora_, which I
think this is not.