Mike Tintner wrote:

>My impression is everyone's clinging to
>existing paradigms, even though they obviously don't work for AGI as opposed
>to AI.  By all means disabuse me and point to someone contemplating such a
>shift.

You just pointed us to one (!): Paul Cohen (see
http://www.isi.edu/~cohen/talks-presentations/EdFest/The%20Knowledge%20Principle.pdf
 and
http://www.isi.edu/~cohen/talks-presentations/NIST%202006/assessing-decathletes.pdf).

He's one of many (like many on this list and luminaries in field) saying the
time is right to focus on AI engineering and not only on AI science. Probably
not a paradigm shift, but most here probably don't think one is necessary. Do
you? (Sorry, I haven't followed your earlier postings very closely. You seem to
be one in a minority in this group thinking we're NOT getting close to AGI. Is
that true?) I share the opinion of Ben, Josh, Edward Porter, and others that
the time is right and it's going to happen.)

-JW