Edward W. Porter wrote:
It's also because the average person looses 10 points in IQ between mid
twenties and mid fourties and another ten points between mid fourties and
sixty. (Help! I'am 59.)
But this is just the average.  Some people hang on to their marbles as
they age better than others.  And knowledge gained with age can, to some
extent, compensate for less raw computational power.
The book in which I read this said they age norm IQ tests (presumably to
keep from offending the people older than mid-forties who presumably
largely control most of society's institutions, including the purchase of
IQ tests.)

I disagree with your theory. I primarily see the IQ drop as a result of the Flynn effect, not the age.