I'm not convinced, primarily because I would have said the same thing about
actual bacteria vs humans if I didn't have the counterexample.

One human generation time is 100,000 bacteria gen times -- and it only takes
about 133 generations of bacteria to consume the the entire mass of the
earth, if they could.

Josh