On Wednesday 14 November 2007 11:28, Richard Loosemore wrote:
> The complaint is not "your symbols are not connected to experience".
> Everyone and their mother has an AI system that could be connected to
> real world input.  The simple act of connecting to the real world is
> NOT the core problem.

Are we sure? How much of the real world are we able to get into our AGI
models anyway? Bandwidth is limited, much more limited than in humans
and other animals. In fact, it might be the equivalent to worm tech.

To do the calculations would I just have to check out how many neurons
are in a worm, how many sensory neurons, and rough information
theoretic estimations as to the minimum and maximums as to amounts of
information processing that the worm's sensorium could be doing?

- Bryan