On Dec 28, 2007, at 5:34 AM, John G. Rose wrote:

Well I shouldn't berate the poor dude... The subject of rationality is
pertinent though as the way that humans deal with unknown involves
irrationality especially in relation to deitical belief establishment.
Before we had all the scientific instruments and methodologies irrationality played an important role. How many AGIs have engineered irrationality as functional dependencies? Scientists and computer geeks sometimes overly
apply rationality in irrational ways. The importance of irrationality
perhaps is underplayed as before science, going from primordial sludge to
the age of reason was quite a large percentage of mans time spent in
existence... and here we are.

Methinks there is no clear notion of "rationality" or "rational" in the above paragraph. Thus I have no idea of what you are actually saying. Rational is not synonymous with science. What forms of irrationality do you think have a place in an AGI and why? What does the percentage of time supposedly spend in some state have to do with the importance of such a state especially with respect to an AGI?

- samantha