Steve,

The output of FCG seems very syntax-ish...

Do you have mechanisms in texai for mapping the output of FCG into
higher-level, more semantic-ish relationships like the ones use in
OpenCyc?

As you know better than me, within Cyc they have a large system of
rules for mapping the syntactic output of their parser into their
semantic representation.

The degree to which an AI system learns such mapping rules, versus has
them hand-encoded, is a very important issue, because in many ways
these rules are a subtler and harder problem than the rules of syntax.

-- Ben G