Hi,

> Yes, the Texai implementation of Incremental Fluid Construction Grammar
> follows the phrase structure approach in which leaf lexical constituents are
> grouped into a structure (i.e. construction) hierarchy.  Yet, because it is
> incremental and thus cognitively plausible, it should scale to longer
> sentences better than any non-incremental alternative.

I agree that the incremental approach to parsing is the correct one,
as opposed to the "whole sentence at once" approach taken in the link
parser and most other parsers.

However, this is really a quite separate issue from the choice of hierarchical
phrase structure based grammar versus dependency grammar.  For instance,
Word Grammar is a dependency based approach that incorporates
incremental parsing (but has not been turned into a viable computational
system).

-- Ben G