Everyone BUT Mark,

On 4/24/08, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  >> Absolutely expected with your low daytime body temperature. This is
> a VERY common observation from "low temps" (people whose temperature is
> stuck low). This IS easily correctable, providing a very substantial gain in
> IQ. Like an alcoholic, you have learned to think fairly well while
> considerably impaired (as I once did until corrected in 2001). The high
> level of mental organization needed to do this well (which you must
> certainly have to avoid being classified as "retarded") can propel you WAY
> ahead of "normal" people, once you are "playing with a full deck". Also, you
> will live ~20-30 years longer.
>
> OK.  I'll bite.  How do you fix a low temp?

Should I take this off-forum, or are there others here who are interested in
where this thread goes?

Note that low-temp has been referred to as "the engineers' illness" because
SO many people in science and engineering have low temps. Low temp forces a
high level or rigor and organization in thinking to be able to think at all,
and so tends to guide low temp people into science and engineering.

... The first phase will be testing (some do-it-yourself e.g. "the shower
test", some laboratory e.g. getting a thyroid panel), to figure out what
works and what doesn't, followed by developing a plan that is acceptable to
you for traversing from you present situation to the best achievable
situation, possibly in several steps. For example, you might want to first
get to ~98.0F, which is probably less than half the effort to getting all
the way 98.6F, and only provides ~half the benefits. Of course, everything
depends on your own particular situation.

Also, you might want to cruise http://www.DrRind.com that discusses only
ORGANIC causes of temperature control problems and makes no recognition of
central control issues. If following that lead you get to a "mixed"
diagnosis, then that REALLY means that you probably have something other
than what Dr. Rind knows about, like a central control issue. ~50% of
temperature control problems are purely central control, but people with
<97F temps have a >50% rate of co-morbid organic problems. Often, people
first develop an organic problem, and then develop a central "problem" as a
workaround. Of course, you must fix both of these situations to ever make it
all the way to 98.6F.

The fixes are usually pretty simple, but this will probably never be a "one
pill fixes all" sort of thing. Obviously, as with all things broken, you
must fix whatever is actually broken.

Steve Richfield