Hi Lukasz ,

With regard to the Texai approach, I have subjected myself to these constraints:

        * to author the bootstrap portion of the system by myself

        * to write the least amount of code (e.g. not to write an ideal AI
language first)
        * to reuse existing narrow AI solutions and infrastructure to the
widest possible extent
        * as Turing suggested, to build a 'child' mechanism capable of being
taught, and to subsequently train it to achieve 'adult' capability
        * to design a scalable architecture having a multitude of mentors and
users
It looks now that I am trying to solve at least the following AI-hard problems
simultaneously:

        * to communicate with humans using natural language
        * to learn by being taught
        * to achieve generally applicable commonsense behavior
        * to achieve automatic programming, e.g. programming from very high
level specifications, using algorithmic and domain knowledge, plus real-time
advice from human mentors
Although daunting, I believe small progress on this combination of problems
will procede into a virtuous circle of exponential improvement.

Cheers,
-Steve

Stephen L. Reed

Artificial Intelligence Researcher