On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 10:10 PM, William Pearson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It depends on the system you are designing on. I think you can easily
> create as many types of sand box as you want in programming language E
> (1) for example. If the principle of least authority (2) is embedded
> in the system, then you shouldn't have any problems.

Sure, I'm talking about much lower-level concepts though. For example,
on a system with 8 gigabytes of memory, a candidate program has
computed a 5 gigabyte string. For its next operation, it appends that
string to itself, thereby crashing the VM due to running out of
memory. How _exactly_ do you prevent this from happening (while
meeting all the other requirements for an AI platform)? It's a
trickier problem than it sounds like it ought to be.