Hi Will,

Great question:

How will it memory manage between skills? You want to try and avoid thrashing
the memory. The java memory system allows any program to ask for as much memory
as they need, this could lead to tragedy of the commons situations.

This is a good use case for a resource-control agent that watches over memory
utilization in its JVM.  Likewise it points out the need for a higher level
process to ask each to-be-launched skill-performance what its resource
requirements are likely to be, for scheduling purposes.  Generally I would
adopt the methods utilized by human organizations for analogous scheduling and
resource problems.

But I have a perhaps more troublesome issue in that abusive mentors may seek to
teach destructive behavior to the system, and such abuse must be easily
detected and its effects healed, to the frustration of the abusers.  E.g. in
the same fashion as Wikipedia.

I observe that you are building a sandbox.  Will it be open source?

Cheers,
-Steve

 Stephen L. Reed

Artificial Intelligence Researcher