Mike Tintner, et al,

After failing to get ANY response to what I thought was an important point (
*Paradigm Shifting regarding Consciousness) *I went back through my AGI
inbox to see what other postings by others weren't getting any responses.
Mike Tintner was way ahead of me in no-response postings.

A quick scan showed that these also tended to address high-level issues that
challenge the contemporary herd mentality. In short, most people on this
list appear to be interested only in HOW to straight-line program an AGI
(with the implicit assumption that we operate anything at all like we appear
to operate), but not in WHAT to program, and most especially not in any
apparent insurmountable barriers to successful open-ended capabilities,
where attention would seem to be crucial to ultimate success.

Anyone who has been in high-tech for a few years KNOWS that success can come
only after you fully understand what you must overcome to succeed. Hence,
based on my own past personal experiences and present observations here,
present efforts here would seem to be doomed to fail - for personal if not
for technological reasons.

Normally I would simply dismiss this as rookie error, but I know that at
least some of the people on this list have been around as long as I have
been, and hence they certainly should know better since they have doubtless
seen many other exuberant rookies fall into similar swamps of programming
complex systems without adequate analysis.

Hey you guys with some gray hair and/or bald spots, WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU
THINKING?

Steve Richfield