Hi Ben,
A good bunch of papers.

(1) Hales, C. 'An empirical framework for objective testing for P-consciousness in an artificial agent', The Open Artificial Intelligence Journal vol.? , 2008.
Apparently it has been accepted but I'll believe it when I see it.

It's highly relevant to the forum you mentioned. I was particularly interested in the Wray and Lebiere work... my paper (1) would hold that the problem in their statement "Taskability is difficult to measure because there is no "absolute" notion of taskability -- a particular quantitative measure for one domain might represent the best one could achieve, while in another, it might be a baseline" is solved. An incidental byproduct of the execution of the test is that all the other metrics in their paper are delivered to some extent. Computationalist AI subjects will fail the (1) test. Humans won't. A real AGI will pass. Testing has been a big issue for me and has taken quite a while to sort out. Peter Voss's AI will fail it. As will everything based on NUMENTA products.but they can try!.the test can speak for itself. Objective measurement of outward agent behaviour is decisive. All contenders have the same demands made of them...the only requirement is that verifiably autonomous, embodied agents only need apply.

I don't know if this is of interest to anyone, but I thought I'd mention it.

regards,
Colin

Ben Goertzel wrote:

Hi all,

In preparation for an upcoming (invitation-only, not-organized-by-me) workshop on Evaluation and Metrics for Human-Level AI systems, I concatenated a number of papers on the evaluation of AGI systems into a single PDF file (in which the readings are listed alphabetically in order of file name).

In case anyone else finds this interesting, you can download the single PDF file from

http://goertzel.org/AGI_Evaluation.pdf

It's 196 pages of text.... I don't condone all the ideas in all the papers, nor necessarily consider all the papers incredibly fascinating ... but it's a decent sampling of historical thinking in the area by a certain subclass of AGI-ish academics...

ben