Mark,

I'm a classicalist in the sense that I think classical mathematics
needs to be accounted for in a theory of meaning. (Ben seems to think
that a constructivist can do this by equating classical mathematics
with axiom-systems-of-classical-mathematics, but I am unconvinced.) I
am also a classicalist in the sense that I think that the
mathematically true is a proper subset of the mathematically provable,
so that Godelian truths are not undefined, just unprovable.

I might be called a constructivist in the sense that I think there
needs to be a tight, well-defined connection between syntax and
semantics... The semantics of an AGI's internal logic needs to follow
from its manipulation rules. But, partly because I accept the
implementability of super-recursive algorithms, I think there is a
chance to allow at least *some* classical mathematics into the
picture. And, since I believe in the computational nature of the mind,
I think that and classical mathematics that *can't* fit into the
picture is literally nonsense! So, since I don't feel like much of
math is nonsense, I won't be satisfied until I've fit most of it in.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that meaning is constructed,
yet truth is absolute. Could you clarify?

--Abram