From: Richard Loosemore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> John G. Rose wrote:
> >
> > Ummmmm... this is a model of consciousness. One way of looking at it.
> > Whether or not it is comprehensive enough, not sure, this irreducible
> > indeterminacy. But after reading the paper a couple times I get what
> you are
> > trying to describe. It's part of an essence of consciousness but not
> sure if
> > it enough.
>
> But did you notice that the paper argued that if you think on the base
> level, you would have to have that feeling that, as you put it,
> "...It's
> part of an essence of consciousness but not sure if it enough."?
>
> The question is:  does the explanation seem consistent with an
> explanation of your feeling that it might not be enough of an
> explanation?

I don't know if this recursive thing that you point to is THE fundamental
element of consciousness, the bottoming out effect. It may be more of a
cognitive component... Will have to think on it some more. But it is some
sort of model to look at and the paper that you wrote is nice terse way of
describing it.

John