--- On Thu, 12/11/08, Eric Burton <brila...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think that each inheritor receives a full set of the
> original's memories. But there may have *evolved* in spite of the
> obvious barriers, a means of transferring primary or significant
> experience from one organism to another in genetic form...
> we can imagine such a thing given this news!

Well, we could, if there was any evidence whatsoever for Lamarckian evolution,
and if we thought with our reproductive organs.

To me, it suggests that AGI could be implemented with a 10^4 speedup over whole
brain emulation -- maybe. Is it possible to emulate a sparse neural network
with 10^11 adjustable neurons and 10^15 fixed, random connections using a
non-sparse neural network with 10^11 adjustable connections?

-- Matt Mahoney, matmaho...@yahoo.com