From: Mike Tintner [mailto:tint...@blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 5:33 AM
To: agi
Subject: [agi] The problem with AGI per Sloman

"One of the problems of AI researchers is that too often they start off with
an inadequate
understanding of the problems and believe that solutions are only a few
years away. We need an educational system that not only teaches techniques
and solutions, but also an understanding of problems and their difficulty -
which can come from a broader multi-disciplinary education. That could speed
up progress."

A. Sloman

(& who else keeps saying that?)

agi |  <https://www.listbox.com/member/archive/303/=now> Archives