Hi,

I pretty much always think of a NN as a physical device.

I think the first binary computer was dreamt up with balls going through
the system with ball representing 1's and 0's. The idea was written down
but never built.

Jamming balls that give way at a certain point is the same as using ">".

ie When more than 6 balls jam up, the pressure is released, sending a 1
or a value > 6 balls.

Addition can be a little different in such systems.

ie a value > 6 + a value > 3 = a value > 9.