Steve Richfield wrote

> Have you ever taken a dispute, completely deconstructed it to determine
> its structure, engineered a prospective solution, and attempted to
> implement it?

No.

> How can you, the participants
> on this forum, hope to ever bring stability

That depends on your definition of stability.

Progress is often triggered by instability and leads to new forms
of instability. There shouldn't be too much instability in the same
sense that too much stability is also bad.

> Similarly, I suspect that demonstrated skill in IR
> is a prerequisite to creating any sort of effective IR program.

There actually were and are successful IR people. It's not all war
and disaster out there. And BTW is IR more than just conflicts.
Successful trade agreements, migration policies, scientific and
technological cooperation are also in the domain of IR.

And I'm not looking for an autonomous IR program but ask whether
support systems are used and if yes of what sort.

> For example, the apparently "obvious" cure for global warming

This is now in competition for first place on my list of your world
improvement approaches with your idea of housing old men with young
women in abandoned mines for breeding a long-living human species. ;)

> YES. Some say that my proposal for bulldozing the upwind strips of the
> continents is irrational, not because it won't work, but because it hasn't
> been experimentally proven. Once past computer simulations, the only way
> to "prove" it is to try it.

My proposal is to nuke the US and China since they are the two top
polluters on Earth. Some say that my proposal is irrational, not because
it won't work, but because it hasn't been experimentally proven. The
only way to "prove" it is to try it.

> Judge for yourself which side of this argument is
> "irrational".

Well... :)