Steve Richfield wrote:
> How about an international ban on the deployment of all unmanned and
> automated
>weapons?

How about a ban on suicide bombers to level the playing field?

> 1984 has truly arrived.

No it hasn't. People want public surveillance. It is also necessary for AGI. In
order for machines to do what you want, they have to know what you know. In
order for a global brain to use that knowledge, it has to be public. AGI has to
be a global brain because it is too expensive to build any other way, and
because it would be too dangerous if the whole world didn't control it.

-- Matt Mahoney, matmaho...@yahoo.com