I retract my proposal " This is not unlike defamation law" and create the
following. I won't remove the bit about formal statements of intent not
constituting faking, because it's already in the rule and I think it makes
sense as there are already rules against ratifying false things, but I will
follow some of PSS's other suggestions. I will also try to make it simpler
and more readable. Also I'm going to add more fun law language, because I'm
not paying some university jerks a hundred thousand dollars for nothing.

I create the following proposal
Title: Better Faking
AI 1
Chamber: Justice
Text: Amend rule 2471 "No Faking" so that it states
{Faking is a class 2 crime.
 Faking constitutes making a public statement that is
1. A pure and verifiable statement of fact fact about current or past
Agoran gamestate and is
2. False at the time the statement is made and is
3. Either subjectively intended to be a lie or is surrounded by objective
circumstances that make it overwhelmingly likely that the statement's
falsity significantly benefits the maker of the statement, which means it
may be presumed to be intended as a lie.

However, a statement that is part of a formal announcement of intent is
never Faking. A statement is never Faking if context establishes that the
statement was qualified by its author as false in the same message, and it
is never Faking to quote another person's false statement.}

The defense that I included of having the statement be qualified or
disclaimed is a little more protective than the current No Faking, but
that's because the current No Faking was actually amended to allow more
lies with disclaimers and such, which I find generally silly