Zefram wrote:
I'd like to turn the whole thing into a set of annotations
on the rules, which of course would appear in the LR and so be findable by subject.

Heh, how did you know?  Probably obvious.  The database I'm working
on in "FLR" format comes out looking like this:

[Standard rule headings]
[Standard rule text]

[History, with previous rule version numbers hotlinked to previous
Rule number texts, and Proposal numbers linked to proposal texts
Laborious part: finding Repeal dates for rules].

[CFJ lists:  List of CFJs which include this rule in their evidence,
linked to CotC database.  Laborious part:  linking the right version
numbers of rules to their CFJ citations].

-Goethe