On Dec 31, 2007 12:25 PM, Ed Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Also, overlooking the failure of an attempted registration during an
> Emergency Session could happen just as easily without transactions.

Without the transaction, the registration in my example would have
been successful; it was the unsuccessful attempt to sit up in the same
transaction that made it unsuccessful.

The point was that improper usage of transactions could actually
amplify the effects of an unnoticed error rather than dampening them,
as appears to be the intent of the proto.

-root