On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Ian Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> rules, or "regulation[s] determining the methods or course of a game
>> or the like" (OED), and as such lack the capacity and do not claim to
[...]
> "Rule" is defined by R2141, so the appeal to common definition is incorrect.

Well now you can't expect me to read *every* sentence in the rule
while ruling about it.

I believe "type of instrument with the capacity of govern the game
generally" is pretty much synonymous with the OED's definition,
though, so I think my reasoning, if not the evidence behind it, still
stands.

If anyone disagrees, I'll happily support their appeal, though.