On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 14:04 -0600, Ian Kelly wrote:
> Links?  I haven't been following the full discussion.
>From memory: Goethe, as an officer in the past, attempted to give
someone a fractional amount of currency because a rule forced em to do
so (and this action failed); I gave the example of the PNP voting after
the end of the voting period due to not being programmed to know
immediately when the voting period ends (and in general, I don't think
it should be illegal to try to vote on something after the end of the
voting period, because that would entail the voter, rather than the
Assessor, having to figure out whether it would be legal; not figuring
it out would probably count as 'reckless' under the current rules).
Thinking up more examples just now, the Points Relay Service actually
triggers on failed attempts to award players points.

To argue the other point of view, ihope (I think) claiming to give comex
50 pens as an obvious bribe then later implying e hadn't had the pens in
the first place is a good example of where deliberately failing actions
can be confusing and maybe ought to be punishable (as it happened, ihope
did have the pens, but it could have lead to an interesting situation if
e hadn't).
--
ais523