On Tue, 15 Jul 2008, ais523 wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 14:04 -0600, Ian Kelly wrote:
> immediately when the voting period ends (and in general, I don't think
> it should be illegal to try to vote on something after the end of the
> voting period, because that would entail the voter, rather than the
> Assessor, having to figure out whether it would be legal; not figuring
> it out would probably count as 'reckless' under the current rules).

Well, I don't think that's reckless.  I think "reckless" etc. might be
as hard to prove as we've made (by precedent) bad judgements hard to pin
on the judge.  I mean, I've voted on things where I was 99.99% certain
that the voting period had ended, but you know, I wasn't *sure*.

Basically, do we really want a whole new category of things to CFJ on?
Ask yourself that.  Ironically, I'm thinking that bringing back crimes
of infractions is the surest way to *limit* punishments.  *sigh* so
much for the experiment, it doesn't even work in our little toy society.

-Goethe