On Mon, 11 Aug 2008, comex wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Kerim Aydin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> (b) definition of equity -- "equity" for partnerships needs to be defined to
>>> explicitly include this rule-imposed requirement on the contract.
>>> One approach might be to imagine that such equity cases really concern an
>>> imaginary pledge of the like
>>> "Members of the partnership SHALL ensure that the partnership devolves its
>>> obligations onto its parties." [Except we really need a better definition of
>>> "devolve" here and there is a huge issue of party-changing scams.]
>>
>> This may be in there already, if we take the view that a claim to be a
>> partnership means making a claim to be treated as if such a statement exists
>> that can be defined by equity.
>
> ... What?
>
> I've read this paragraph about 5 times but I can't figure out what it means.

If a contract posts a formal message (e.g. a message is posted on its
behalf according to its mechanisms) claiming to be a partnership and taking
on responsibilities, than it is "envisioning" responsibilities in the
equity sense, whether or not its text specifies a way to devolve them.
"You are what you do, not what you say you are."  -Goethe