On Sun, 2009-01-25 at 14:32 -0800, Charles Reiss wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 07:50, comex <com...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Vote Points are worthless and nobody knows how many anyone has.
> > Perhaps more importantly, the VM doesn't need its own currency
> > anymore: there is a viable alternative currency (coins) to substitute,
> > and Agorans have shown that they can create more currencies if coins
> > decline in value.
> >
> > Besides, Agora's economy isn't faring much better than the real-world
> > one; we need to simplify it to revitalize it.
> >
> > Accordingly, I think it's time to repeal Vote Points.
> >
> > Without three objections, I intend to amend the Vote Market contract by:
> [snip]
> I object.

I object to all current intents to amend the Vote Market contract, and
all attempts to resolve such intents (getting around a potential
loophole in the dependent action rules here...).

Replacing VP with coins is fine. Giving all the Vote Market parties a
free ride for the VP they've spent is not.
--
ais523