On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Jonatan Kilhamn
<jonatan.kilh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know about the terms here, maybe some are defined, but if the
> contestmaster can perform an action, I'd say being the contestmaster
> is a condition that has to be met in order to perform the action. And
> if it's a part of the action, then you couldn't make "such an
> announcement" because it would be "an announcement made by the
> contestmaster that one has completed duties", so it seems it fails
> either way. Or am I missing something?

My interpretation is

(Once ASAP after the end of the month), (the contestmaster may
announce) (that e performed duties).

In order, the condition, the action, and the announcement.  In
particular, I made the announcement without performing the action.  Of
course, I'm biased, but I don't think it's worded so that 'being the
contestmaster' is a condition-- if you allow "conditions" not worded
as such, you could take it even further by rewriting the sentence as
"an announcement MAY be performed if it's by the contestmaster, it's
ASAP after the end of the month, and it says that e completed duties".
 Therefore other announcements MAY NOT be made.