On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 7:00 PM, Quazie <quazieno...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Taral <tar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM, Aaron Goldfein <aarongoldf...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Proposal: Legislative Dominance (AI = 2)
> >
> > I pledge to vote AGAINST this proposal.
> >
> > (As a note: If it passes, I will not come back. Enjoy your empty game.)
> >
> > --
> > Taral <tar...@gmail.com>
> > "Please let me know if there's any further trouble I can give you."
> >    -- Unknown
> >

> I submit an ai=1 proposal entitled "Failed Eris" with the following body:
>
> Append the following on to R 1922
> --
> (i) Failed Eris, to be awarded to those who have driven other, older,
> well respected, members of the Agora community out with abusive
> proposals.  Owning this Patent Title is a Losing Condition.
> --
>
> Award the Patent Title of 'Failed Eris' to every player who won the
> game as a result of the "Legislative Dominance" proposal

I see this proposal not as a way for me to be a jackass, but to reveal a
part of the game as flawed. Scamming is something that is very intricate in
the game, and as a result it should be expected that someone would submit a
proposal like this. Instead of getting angry at the proposal, change the
rules to make the proposal impossible. I don't see how this scam is
different from any other.