On Thu, 14 May 2009, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> This doesn't help either against destroying notes early, if someone's
> been planning the win for a while but still needs a few more weeks of
> notes.  Why complicate things and what's the hurry?  I personally
> don't support any repeal of notes before the birthday.  -G.

Actually, how does the following two-phase compromise sound:

  - Implement card mechanics now with cards replacing prerogatives
    (i.e. only a small number of unique cards) giving us a chance
    to spot implementation bugs in basic mechanics.  But don't
    repeal notes.

  - After the birthday, repeal notes and add economic cards (earnable,
    spendable, otw usable).

-Goethe