On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 8:15 PM, Alex Smith <ais...@bham.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 20:07 -0500, Aaron Goldfein wrote:
> > Because I'm about to have imperial-style control over the nomic. And
> > that post announcing Fresh's death was made just before I showed up.
>
> Arguably, a full dictatorship by one person over a nomic is one way for
> it to die, unless it's relinquished quickly; unless the nomic was
> designed as an imperial nomic in the first place, dictatorships that
> hang around and are actually used can quickly kill a nomic as the other
> players leave. (As opposed to several of my apparent dictatorships over
> B, which I maintained for a few weeks simply to be able to use dictator
> power in order to pull it out of yet another self-destruction (although
> all that turned out never to have happened); and the dictatorships over
> Agora that people have managed on occasion, which tend to only last the
> course of one message, or at most until the CFJs are sorted out, then
> given back.)
>
> --
> ais523

At first I may use my dictatorship, but afterward I don't intend for it to
be much more than a symbol of my awesomeness. Besides, as it is, Kenner
imposes a de facto type of dictatorship where he makes basically free
changes to the game state, contrary to the rules (for the good of the game,
however, so nobody seems to care).