On Mon, 2 Apr 2012, Tanner Swett wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 5:00 PM, ais523 <callforjudgem...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > Giving COMMUNITY SERVICE or APOLOGY would
> > violate rule 101, as far as I can tell, due to harassing non-players.
>
> Rule 101 states that penalties shall not unduly harass a non-player
> "if e wishes to ignore the game", so I think undue harassment must be
> something that goes beyond the boundaries of the game. COMMUNITY
> SERVICE and APOLOGY do not go beyond the boundaries of the game unless
> they are enforced in an unduly harassing manner.

A non-player should not be under obligation to pay attention to any
forum. Adding penalties that require action (to avoid accumulating more
penalties) create this requirement for a non-player.

Exile/stasis doesn't require action, nor do markers should we have them
in the future (e.g. "the ninny is awarded one loser token; a person with
a loser token can't win and the only way to get rid of it is to become a
player again and apologize").